Backlinks are important for SEO and search engine results. This is why they have been an important part of a digital marketing strategy. While the effectiveness of quality backlinks has not changed the way in which you need to get them has. Is your business using backlinks to get higher search engine rankings? Here is a guide on how to improve your backlink strategy.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are when one website mentions another website and links back to it. It is also known as incoming or inbound links, backlinks make their connection through external websites. Whenever backlinks occur it has a positive effect on a site’s ranking and search visibility. They do need to be quality links and sites, Google does take this into account.
Why are they Important?
Backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that other websites are endorsing your content. It helps determine how authoritative and relevant your site is on the topic for which you rank. For users, they connect searchers with information that is similar to what is being written on the same topic on other resources.
How Backlinks Position Your Brand
- Organic Ranking – Quality backlinks optimize your website’s organic rankings. Inbound links establish trust and validate the content published on your site.
- Industry Authority – Not only do backlinks boost your site traffic, by other sources citing your content it makes your brand authority.
- Faster Indexing – Quality links will speed up the indexing of your website. It takes less time for Google to read your website.
- Referral Traffic – Posting clicks from other online sources leading to your web page can significantly boost your site traffic.
- Grow Your Network – Link building can expand your network. When webmasters use your content and reference your site it encourages followers. It also makes it easier to promotes your business.
Now that you have all of the reasons as to why you should have backlinks, we will get to the how.
Content is the first step. Your content needs to be informative, engaging, and quality. If you don’t have the information then no one will put a backlink to it. Your content will need to utilize keywords and longtail keyword phrases that make sense within the text. Give useful tips, relevant, latest topics, and that it is appealing to your target audience.
Another strategy is to incorporate guest writing for other sites. This is a great opportunity to promote your content and reach larger audiences. This is about publishing informative articles on other popular online resources that will give you more visibility. It helps leverage your relationships and expand your network. As a digital marketing agency, our brand writes articles for a Digital Agency Network (DAN), we share information about marketing strategies. The article gives useful and helpful information, and the article links to the MaxAudience site. It is not a sales post, which is what you need to remember when guest writing.
Social Outreach is important when it comes to link building. This is a great strategy to earn backlinks to your website. The key is to work with other industry influencers and webmasters. Keep in mind that a paid backlink strategy is a Google violation.
Backlinks should be part of your content marketing strategy. While backlinks alone will not get you the #1 ranking on search engines it is a powerful tool that often gets overlooked by brands. This is a great way to leverage your brand and achieve more visibility and more deals. If you are still unsure about how to place this into your strategy give our office a call and let our experts help you blow away the competition.