How Real Estate Agents Are Making the Most of the Social Media Age

For the real estate agents who have been in the business for decades, the invent of social media and its quickly blossoming success was undoubtedly a shock.  It has, in many ways, greatly altered the way that the industry operates.  However, the good news is, for those real estate agents who embrace it, social media has proven an exceedingly great marketing tool.  If you want to make the most of it as an agent, there are several things you should be doing.

Get Photo Happy on Instagram This social media platform has skyrocketed in popularity over the past few years, and this is in large part due to the fact that it focuses on imagery instead of text.  In the real estate industry, pictures are your friend, and so is Instagram.  Keep working on building up your following, and then share pictures and share them often.  Be sure you are taking high quality photos of the houses that you hope to sell.  There are more than 700 million users taking advantage of this platform and they’re much more likely to support you if you provide HD content.

Have a Facebook Formula There are two common mistakes made with Facebook.  The first is checking in too infrequently.  This is a social media, and therefore, you must be social.  If you don’t make time for it, your account will fail and do nothing to help your real estate business.  The second common mistake is posting only about business.  The constant sales pitch is likely to turn off consumers, which, again, isn’t going to help your cause.  The best approach is to post daily, but to follow the 80/20 formula.  Make 80% of your content sharing entirely about your viewers.  Share interesting stories, helpful hints, and things that will make them laugh.  The other 20% of the posts can be business-oriented.

Tweet Like a Parakeet They don’t ‘tweet’ just one a day, or even half a dozen times.  The noisy birds should serve as a reminder of the best approach to Twitter.  The more you tweet in this busy, hectic environment, the better your chances of attracting a larger audience.

Reach Out to the Money Makers on LinkedIn This is the social media platform for professionals, so you can be sure that you will find professionals on it – more than 450 million of them.  Not all, of course, will be interested in buying new homes or investment properties, but some will.  Do remember, though, to keep your content of a professional nature on this platform.


Related Posts