Video content not a priority for your business? It should be. Why?
- More than half (52 percent) of marketing professionals say the type of content with the best ROI is… you guessed it… video.
- Consumers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase.
- The simple use of the word “video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19 percent, click-through rates by 65 percent, and reduces unsubscribes by 26 percent.
Collectively, internet users watch billions of hours of video. It’s not enough to produce and upload a video; you have to differentiate it from countless competitors. Staying on top of emerging trends will help you do that:
- Length Matters. Sure, internet users have been known to binge watch 24-hours of Scandal or Orange is the New Black, but when it comes to branded messages, shorter is often sweeter. More than half of videos are viewed on mobile devices, and these users typically value succinctness. The popularity of Vine, Tip Hero, BuzzFeed, and other sites that offer short videos underscores the importance of concise content.
- Live Streaming Your Life. Apps like Meerkat allow users to broadcast live streams from their mobile devices. Followers can access the video, much like they do with regular Facebook or Twitter posts. Video is rapidly becoming more personal; today’s consumers want “mass-customization,” and apps like this deliver.
- Incorporating Video with Email Marketing. Yes, email marketing is still relevant, and businesses can make sure it packs even more of a punch by incorporating video. As mentioned, video increases engagement with the email message. Best practice: keep it short. Three to four minutes is the sweet spot, and as always, quality matters.
Video is a powerful medium and should be an equally integral part of your digital marketing campaigns.